Fractions in cooking
- The anarchist cookbook 2011
Fractions In Cooking
- A numerical quantity that is not a whole number (e.g., 1/2, 0.5)
- A small or tiny part, amount, or proportion of something
- A dissenting group within a larger one
- (fraction) a small part or item forming a piece of a whole
- (fraction) a component of a mixture that has been separated by a fractional process
- (fraction) divide: perform a division; "Can you divide 49 by seven?"
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- The practice or skill of preparing food
Restaurateur Supreme - Felix Iriarte Basque Chef
Felix Iriarte is a proud member of the Restaurateurs in the Basque rural area. His restaurant is in a small village West-southwest of San Sebastian in a place called....Jtatxea - a mere 40 minutes drive.
We rang him late afternoon to book a table for three for dinner and asked if he could prepare a traditional Basque dish of tripe. He rang the local butcher just before he closed and had it prepared for us. I wonder how many chefs in any other towns might have done it?
We met Felix as he took the order for our table and advised us on the menu. The wine llist was excellent and the decor of his restaurant elegant to cool. The young waitress was efficient and smiling.
It is a place to come back to to do it justice. Felix came to say goodbye as we left this memorable dinner for which we had no need to take a morgtage to pay the bill - only a small fraction of what it may cost in London, without the fuss and with a lot of quiet good grace and the self-assurance of the artist.
172/365 Rusty as nails...
Trying real hard to get my numbers right so I can be ready for the Telecommunications/Electrician Apprenticeship Program when they call me.
I'm so rusty with my math, it ain't even funny! The fractions
were probably faster than anything else thus far. Probably because I was in Culinary Arts and worked in restaurants.
I tell folks to this very day, if you want a crash course in fractions
, take up cooking
! You'll be sleepin' fractions
© 2010 JVLIVS Photography. All rights reserved.
See also: easy monster cookies betty crocker snowball cookie mix mt cook aoraki mail order gourmet cookies electric pressure cooker reviews homemade shortbread cookie recipe topside beef slow cooker
Copyright © 100 COOKIE RECIPES All Rights reserved. Design By Solo.
Created by Kana.